Versus of reference:
1 Corinthians 14:33
1 Peter 3:17
Questions for Further Reflection
- What point was Dr. Tackett making with the chicken egg?
- What did Dr. Tackett call the “Devine Pause”? Why?
- In Genesis 2:18, God declares that “it is not good for man to be alone.” What does Dr. Tackett mean when he says that this is an ethical rather than a qualitative statement? How does this assertion become important to our entire discussion of the social order?
- What do theologians and philosophers mean when they talk about the “Natural Law?”
- Dr. Tackett claims to see “threes” wherever he looks in creation or in the human social order. How is this “Trinitarian” pattern evident in the structure and relationships of family, church, and the union between God and man?
- In Malachi 2:16, God says that He “hates divorce.” Why does Dr. Tackett maintain that this is not simply a practical or pragmatic statement? What light does the principle contained in this verse cast on all of the pathologies associated with the family? With human life as